Inorganic chemistry study online, notes online, Study guide, practices problems online, study materials on topics like metal, non-metals, transition metal, nuclear chemistry, surface chemistry and lot more. You might also like Inorganic Chemistry notes free download(notes for download is different from one available in this page).
- INTERMEDIATE INORGANIC CHEMISTRY NOTES – Atomic Structure, Molecular Structure & Bonding, Solids, Acids & Bases, Oxidation & Reduction, Physical Techniques in Inorganic Chemistry, Symmetry (point groups only), d-Metal Complexes.
- CHEMGUIDE – Includes essential ideas about redox reactions, and covers the trends in Period 3 and Groups 1, 2, 4 and 7 of the Periodic Table. Plus: lengthy sections on the chemistry of some important complex ions, and of common transition metals. Extraction and uses of aluminium, copper, iron, titanium and tungsten.
- NON-METALS – Basics in non-metal chemistry oxygen, sulphur, hydrogen, halogen, rare gas, and carbon.
- CHEMISTRY OF NON-METALS – Metallic Character, metalloids, Metals with Covalent Bonds, Diagonal Relationships, Trends in Properties of the Elements, Properties of Hydrogen, Uses of Hydrogen, Binary Hydrogen Compounds, Noble Gas Compounds, Halogens, Properties of the Halogens, oxygen, Peroxides, Superoxides, The Other Group 6A Elements: S, Se, Te, and Po (Chalcogens)…
- METALS – History of metals, Uses of metals and the activity series of metals, Metals and the Periodic Table, Extraction of metals, Metals and the Mole Concept, Recycling of metals.
Solid State Chemistry:
- INTRODUCTION TO SOLID STATE – Structure of Solid Surfaces, Adsorption of Molecules on Surfaces, The Langmuir Isotherm, UHV & Effects of Gas Pressure, Surface Analytical Techniques, overlayer Structures &Surface Diffraction, Surface Imaging & Depth Profiling…
- CRYSTAL LATTICE STRUCTURE – This page offers a concise index of common crystal lattice structures. A graphical representation as well as useful information about the lattices can be obtained by clicking on the desired structure below. This page currently contains links to 286 structures in 98 of the 230 space groups.
- STRUCTURE OF SIMPLE INORGANIC SOLIDS – fundamental aspects of solid and sphere packing, crystallographic ideas, close packing of sphere, structure of metallic elements, Descriptions of Simple ‘Ionic’ Structures, Rationalization of ‘Ionic’ Structures,Oxide Structures & Networks, problem set.
Transition metal chemistry and Coordination Chemistry:
- DOC BROWN’S CHEMISTRY – The physical properties of Transition Metals like density, melting points, boiling points, strength are described and discussed along with a description of the important transition metal chemical properties of e.g. titanium, vanadium, manganese, iron, cobalt, nickel, copper and zinc. There are also sections on how metals can be improved to increase their usefulness e.g. alloys and they are compared with the important ‘non-transition’ metals aluminium, tin and lead.
- 3D TRANSITION METALS – Advanced Level Inorganic Chemistry Periodic Table revision Notes – Transition Metals.
- CO-ORDINATION CHEMISTRY INTRODUCTORY COURSE STUDY – structure of coordination compounds, oxidation numbers and electronic Configurations, coordination number, ligands, chelates, bonding, stability of complexes, isomers in coordination compounds, Crystal Field Theory, stability of metal complexes, applications of coordination compounds.
- SYMMETRY RESOURCES – Welcome to the world of symmetry! The resources contained within this web site are designed to help students learn concepts of molecular symmetry and to help faculty teach concepts of molecular symmetry. The materials are designed for a variety of levels, so look around and see what they have to offer.
- MECHANICS OF ORGANOMETALLIC CHEMISTRY AND HOMOGENEOUS CATALYSIS – 18 Electron Rule, Green-Davies-Mingos Rules Review of ligand types; donors and acceptors, Fundamental Reactions: Oxidative-addition reactions, including orthometallation, Carbon-hydrogen bond activation, Migration reactions, including alkyl and hydride migrations and more…
- LECTURE NOTES –Radioactivity Basics, Nuclear reactions , Brief notes on radioactivity and nuclear reactions, Sources of natural radiation, Forces in Nature and the “Big Bang, Nuclear binding energy, The structure of the nucleus and decay processes, Nuclear reactions, radioactive decay and half-life , Exploring the Table of Isotopes, Periodic table for the Table of Isotopes, The discovery of radiation..
- VSEPR – what is VSEPR, compare two structures, rules, counting region of electron density, practices problem, molecular structure based on VSEPR.
Problems and exercise:
- INTERMEDIATE INORGANIC CHEMISTRY – Practices problem on topics like Atomic Structure, Molecular Structure & Bonding, Solids, Acids & Bases, Oxidation & Reduction, Physical Techniques in Inorganic Chemistry, Symmetry (point groups only), d-Metal Complexes.
- INORGANIC PROBLEM SET – structures, and certain properties and reactivities of the elements and of many of their simpler ionic and covalent compounds, atomic structure and bonding models, including molecular orbitals.
- TUTORIAL AND PROBLEM EXERCISE – Inorganic Paper #1, Inorganic Paper #2, Transition Metal Chemistry, Reaction Kinetics -1, Reaction Kinetics -2, Reaction Kinetics -3, Reaction Kinetics -4, Organometallic Chemistry, Exercises in Symmetry, Symmetry and Group Theory Macrocyclic/Bioinorganic Chemistry.
- CO-ORDINATION CHEMISTRY PRACTICES EXAM WITH KEY – structure of coordination compounds, oxidation numbers and electronic Configurations, coordination number, ligands, chelates, bonding, stability of complexes, isomers in coordination compounds, Crystal Field Theory, stability of metal complexes, applications of coordination compounds.
We are currently updating this page so, comeback to find more notes….
Get back to us:
www.an atom for everyone.org(without space)/Bookmark our page (ctrl+D)/Google Happy Chemist promoting chemistry
You can help us by sending links of any site, that might be of help to students. Send us the link using the form below.
Happy Chemist | Promote Your Page Too
Disclaimer: PLEASE NOTE that users of this web site are responsible for checking the accuracy, completeness, and/or suitability of all information. Please let us know about existing external links which you believe are inappropriate or violates law and about specific additional external links which you believe ought to be included. We are not responsible for the contents of any linked site, any link contained in a linked site or any changes or updates to such sites. firstname.lastname@example.org